Exposition Light Rail Transit Project Information and Updates
To sign up for project updates and notices go to www.buildexpo.org
For a continuously updated calendar of schedule work activities and traffic related impacts or the Venice/Robetson Boulevards Bridge construction, please visit www.expovenice.org
The spring 2013 edition of the Expo E-News is here!
Catch up on the latest news regarding the Expo Line. In this edition, we highlight the installation of the Falsework for the Sepulveda Boulevard Bridge. Check out our cool time-lapse video and watch how the Sepulveda Boulevard Bridge takes shape!
Please click here to read the Expo E-News.
24-Hour Construction Hotline: (213) 922-3976
Note: Please leave a message and your contact information and someone will get back to you. In case of emergency, please contact Gaby Collins at (213) 219-8670.
Expo Construction Notice: Venice Blvd Bridge Construction – REVISED Venice Blvd Closures and Night Work relating to construction of the Venice Boulevard Bridge in the City of Los Angeles.
Please find enclosed our latest notice regarding construction of the Venice Boulevard Bridge in the City of Los Angeles.
What: Nightly Closures of westbound Venice Boulevard, Sundays through Thursdays, for Pile and Column Installation for the Venice Boulevard Bridge.
Where: Construction will take place on Venice Boulevard, west of Robertson Boulevard
When: Sunday, April 21, 2013 through Thursday, May 23, 2013
Work Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (Standard Work Hours)
Friday: 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) to 8:00 a.m. (As needed Work Hours)
Work crews will be drilling, setting, and forming column foundations for the Venice Boulevard Bridge. Overnight, intermittent closures of westbound Venice Boulevard, between Culver Boulevard and Robertson Boulevard, will be required.
Closures will not be implemented concurrently. To view an updated schedule of closures, please visit www.ExpoVenice.org
For continuously updated calendar of scheduled work activities, please visit www.ExpoVenice.org
Traffic Impacts During Closures of Westbound Venice Boulevard:
- Westbound Venice Boulevard will be closed to through traffic from Robertson Boulevard to Culver Boulevard, and traffic will be detoured at National Boulevard.
- Right turns from the eastbound I-10 Freeway Robertson Boulevard off ramp onto westbound Venice Boulevard will be prohibited.
- Left turns from northbound Robertson Boulevard to westbound Venice Boulevard will be prohibited.
- Westbound Venice Boulevard between Ellis Avenue and Robertson Boulevard will be reduced to one lane of traffic.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times or via designated walkway installed by the contractor.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure compliance and the work area will be watered down to minimize dust.
- Parking and “No Stopping Anytime” restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times.
- Local access to businesses will be maintained.
- Directional signage and electronic message boards will advise of the detours during the closures.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)