Exposition Light Rail Transit Project Information and Updates
To sign up for project updates and notices go to www.buildexpo.org
For a continuously updated calendar of schedule work activities and traffic related impacts or the Venice/Robetson Boulevards Bridge construction, please visit www.expovenice.org
The spring 2013 edition of the Expo E-News is here!
Catch up on the latest news regarding the Expo Line. In this edition, we highlight the installation of the Falsework for the Sepulveda Boulevard Bridge. Check out our cool time-lapse video and watch how the Sepulveda Boulevard Bridge takes shape!
Please click here to read the Expo E-News.
24-Hour Construction Hotline: (213) 922-3976
Note: Please leave a message and your contact information and someone will get back to you. In case of emergency, please contact Gaby Collins at (213) 219-8670.
Expo Construction Notice: Overnight Closures of Motor Avenue for Bridge Falsework Removal
Please find the latest notice regarding the closure of Motor Avenue for bridge falsework removal in the City of Los Angeles.
What: Full Closure of Motor Avenue for Bridge Falsework Removal
When: Sunday, October 20, 2013 through Thursday, November 7, 2013
(Full street closure will occur approximately two weeks within the timeframe provided.)
Work Hours: 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday (Night Work Only)
Where: Construction will take place on Motor Avenue, just north of Irene Street
Construction crews will remove all falsework forms used as the mold for the cast-in-place concrete bridge that will span over Motor Avenue.
- Northbound and Southbound Motor Avenue will be closed to all through traffic between Irene Street and Walavista Road throughout the falsework removal during nighttime hours.
Southbound Motor Avenue traffic will be detoured at Manning Avenue.
Northbound Motor Avenue traffic will be detoured at National Boulevard.
- Electronic message boards, directional signage and/or flagmen will be used to safely to safely direct vehicles and pedestrians around the construction zone.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained and directional signage will be in place as needed.
- Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced at all times and signage with specific restrictions will be in place in all construction areas.
- Local access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
- Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
- Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.
(Construction schedules are subject to change for various reasons including but not limited to: weather conditions, unforeseen emergencies and other acts of nature.)
To view the construction notice – please click here.