Fire Prevention Week is October 8 - 14
Since 1922, fire departments across the country have observed Fire Prevention Week, making it the longest running public health and safety campaign on record. This year’s theme, “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan.
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
In celebration of National Fire Prevention Week, the Culver City Fire Department will be at the Culver City Farmers' Market on Tuesday, October 10, 2017, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. We will have an information booth with handouts and some fun stuff for kids of all ages. See you there and remember,