This page lists information for media organizations and other public entities to use when informing their audiences about the City of Culver City. For an ongoing update of City news and events, please visit the In the News page.
For all press inquiries, please contact:
Shelly Wolfberg, Assistant to the City Manager
About Culver City
Culver City is a five-square-mile, urban community of 39,000 residents surrounded by the City of Los Angeles is and centrally located on the Westside near Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Los Angeles International Airport. Culver City is particularly known for its well-run public school system, "small town" charm, growing high-tech and creative economies, and a dynamic downtown that is regionally known as a destination for restaurants, live theatre, and art galleries. Learn more about Culver City's history.
"The Heart of Screenland"
The five-member elected City Council is the legislative body for the City of Culver City. The City Council provides overall policy directions which serve to maintain and improve the quality of life in Culver City. Annually each April, the City Council selects from among its members a Mayor and Vice Mayor, to serve in those positions for a period of one year. The City Council typically meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at City Hall. More information about the City Council.
- Mayor Jeffrey Cooper - firstname.lastname@example.org - (310) 253-6041
- Vice Mayor - Thomas Aujero Small - email@example.com - (310) 253-6000
- Council Member Jim B. Clarke - firstname.lastname@example.org - (310) 775-1664
- Council Member Göran Eriksson - email@example.com - (310) 559-6015
- Council Member Meghan Sahli-Wells - firstname.lastname@example.org - (310) 845-5831
(310) 253-6041, email@example.com
Click/tap the image above to download the Mayor's headshot.
(310) 253-6000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click/tap the image above to download the City Manager's headshot.
The City Manager’s Office provides leadership, guidance and support to the City organization in the efficient and effective day-to-day management of the City organization implements policies, annual goals and objectives as established by the City Council.
Stats and Figures
- Year of Incorporation: 1917
- Charter City: 1947
- City's area at incorporation: 1.2 square miles
- City's current area: 5.139 square miles
- Culver City Flower: Lantana
- Population: 38,883 as of the 2010 U.S. census; currently estimated above 40,000
- Wording on City Seal: City of Culver City - The Heart of Screenland - Incorporated 1917
- City Hall location: 9770 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
- Current Elected City Officials: 5-member City Council with elections in April, in even-numbered years.
- Schools: Culver City has five operating public elementary schools (including a language magnet), Culver City Middle School, Culver City High School, Culver Park High School (alternative high school), Adult School, and a Children's Center.
- LA County Board of Supervisors: 2nd Supervisorial District
- State: 54th Assembly District and 30th Senate District
- Federal: 37th U.S. Congressional District