Stormwater & Urban Runoff
The mission of the City's Urban Runoff Management and Stormwater Quality Program is to protect and preserve the public health and the environment through the implementation of both traditional and innovative solutions to effectively reduce and eliminate urban runoff pollution from residential, commercial, industrial, and new development/construction sources. Program SummaryResidentsBusinessesDevelopersHelpful LinksImportant Phone Numbers Goals:
- Comply with the federal and state water quality regulations, including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) requirements.
- Protect and preserve creeks, ocean, shoreline/beaches, and kelp ecosystems by reducing or eliminating pollution.
- Plan and implement various Best Management Practices (BMPs) to effectively reduce urban runoff pollution.
- Provide continuous public education and outreach about pollution prevention to foster community awareness and environmental stewardship.
- Implement a sustainable, cost-effective program.
- Enforce urban runoff regulations.