All individuals, corporations, firms, syndicates, joint stock corporations, partnerships, trusts, associations, organizations, clubs, and societies which offer goods, materials, commodities, wares, merchandise or services for sale to the public in Culver City and all professions, crafts, trades, occupations and callings of every kind and nature which are carried on for profit in Culver City are required to obtain a business tax certificate within 30 days of starting business.
A business tax certificate is required whether the business actually makes a profit or not. Independent contractors must obtain a business tax certificate. Non-profit organizations are required to obtain a business tax certificate, but are exempted from paying business tax on those activities for which they have I.R.S. proof of tax exemption. General instructions for computing 2017 Business Tax Certificate Renewal Notice.
For assistance or any questions, contact the Revenue Division by email at email@example.com or by phone at (310) 253-5870.
- 2017 Business Tax Certificate Renewal Notice
- FormBT-01: All other Business Activity Based from a Culver City Address
- FormBT-02: All other Business Activity Based from a Non-Culver City Address
- FormBT-03: State Licensed Contractor Based Outside of Culver City
- FormBT-04: Operation of a Commercial Vehicle
- FormBT-05: Operation of a Vending Machine or Coin-Operated Amusement Device