The Culver City Fire Department (CCFD) implemented a Reserve Firefighter (RFF) Program in August 2014. The program is designed to assist the department while providing prospective firefighter candidates with valuable on the job experience. This opportunity helps to prepare candidates for a successful career in the fire service as members selected to participate in the program will be exposed to a wide range of fire service experiences.
RFF Minimum Application Requirements Include:
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid California Driver’s License (Minimum Class C)
- Certificate from an approved CA State Fire Marshal Academy or a Firefighter 1 Certificate
- Current Biddle or CPAT
- Current Los Angeles County EMT Certificate
- Completed City application
- Must be able to work at least one twenty four hour shift per week. RFF’s will be assigned to a specific day of the week and a specific station/ apparatus/ assignment
- Adhere to the Department's Uniform and Grooming Standards (Rules and Regulations 205.28)
Click here for more information.