Commissions, Boards & Committees
The City Clerk's Office is pleased to announce that the application period to fill upcoming vacancies for Culver City Commissions, Boards, and Committees (CBCs).
Application Deadline is Monday, May 15, 2023. Thirty-one (31) openings are available on the following bodies:
- Advisory Committee on Housing and Homelessness (2 Positions – Seat 5*, Seat 7)
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (3 Positions – 1 Resident Disability Representative*, 1 Resident 1*, 1 Resident 2)
- Board of Trustees of the Los Angeles County West Vector and Vector-Borne Disease Control District (1 Position*)
- Civil Service Commission (3 Positions – Seat 1*, Seat 4 *, and Seat 5*)
- Cultural Affairs Commission (1 Position – Seat 4*)
- Disability Advisory Committee (4 Positions – Seat 3*, Seat 7, Seat 8*, and Seat 9*)
- Equity and Human Relations Advisory Committee (6 Positions – Seat 1*, Seat 3*, Seat 5*, Seat 7*, Youth Rep Seat 1^, and Labor Representative Seat 1)
- Fiesta La Ballona Committee (3 Positions – Seat 2, Seat 4, and Seat 5)
- Landlord-Tenant Mediation Board (3 Positions – Tenant Seat 4, Landlord Seat 4*, and Member-at-Large Seat 4*)
- LAX Area Advisory Committee (3 Positions*)
- Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Commission (1 Position – Seat 2)
- Planning Commission (1 Position – Seat 1)
(* Denotes positions with incumbents, ^ denotes specific Youth position)
Apply for a position on a CBC online or download the CBC application(PDF, 41KB) .
Applications will be accepted online, by mail, or electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While appointments are made annually – you may now complete an application at any time! We encourage all interested persons 16 years and older to apply for all positions in which they have an interest! Please note that most positions require Culver City residency to be eligible. Please contact City Clerk's Office at (310) 253-5851 for more information.
IMPORTANT DATES IF YOU APPLY:
June 21 Meet & Greet (5:30PM) and CBC Interviews (6:00PM)
June 26 Appointments for these openings are to be considered at the Regular City Council Meeting
June 29 Appointed Members must attend an Ethics/Brown Act (AB1234) Training