Fire Department at the Farmers' Market
Fire Prevention Week Event
- Date: 10/10/2017 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Culver City Farmers' Market
Culver City, California 90232
- Introduction: In celebration of National Fire Prevention Week, the Culver City Fire Department will be at the Culver City Farmers' Market on Tuesday, October 10.
Since 1922, fire departments across the country have observed Fire Prevention Week, making it the longest running public health and safety campaign on record. This year’s theme, “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan.
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
In celebration of National Fire Prevention Week, the Culver City Fire Department will be at the Culver City Farmers' Market on Tuesday, October 10, 2017, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. We will have an information booth with handouts and some fun stuff for kids of all ages. See you there and remember,