The City is limited to posting locally-held events for Culver City community and non-profit organizations. Your request will be reviewed by the appropriate person, and upon approval, it will be posted on the City's Community Calendar.
Community-Wide Disaster Drill
- Date: 10/18/2018 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Introduction: Culver City is in earthquake country. What we do now, before a big earthquake, will determine how we survive and how well we recover. With earthquakes an inevitable part of California’s future, we must act today to ensure that tomorrow’s disasters do not become catastrophes.
The 14th Annual Community-Wide Disaster Drill - October 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Culver City is in earthquake country. What we do now, before a big earthquake, will determine how we survive and how well we recover. With earthquakes an inevitable part of California’s future, we must act today to ensure that tomorrow’s disasters do not become catastrophes.
How you can participate...
At 7:00 p.m. on October 18, 2018, Culver City residents have an opportunity to practice their disaster drills!
We are asking residents and the business community to participate in the City’s Annual Community-Wide Drill at 7:00 p.m. on October 18th.
Participation is easy!
- At 7:00 p.m. Drop, Cover, Hold On.
- Activate your family disaster plan and ensure that everyone is “OK.”
- Then, place your OK sign in a window or area that is visible from the public right-of-way. If you don’t have an OK sign, feel free to download and print one or make one yourself.
How your community response teams will participate...
As we ask you to practice your drills at home/work, the Culver City Fire Department will practice activating their earthquake disaster plan. This entails simulating that a large scale earthquake has occurred, conducting internal assessments of each fire station and apparatus, relaying internal damage assessment information to the on duty Battalion Chief and then driving through pre-designated disaster evaluation routes. If you are a CERT member, this year CERT will be conducting their annual exercise on November 3, 2018 (time and location to be determined). Visit the CERT website for updates.