LAX Aircraft Overflights: Noise Information and Resources
Welcome to Culver City’s LAX Noise information web page.
On this page, the City will post the latest information, public notices, documents, related links and other information related to noise from LAX aircraft overflights.
Check back periodically for information updates.
On March 26, 2018, the City Council presented a certificate of recognition to June Lehrman for her service on the LAX Community Noise Roundtable.
- FAA to hold SoCal Metroplex Workshop at Veterans Memorial facility on January 23, 2017, 3-8 pm
- Culver City files lawsuit against FAA over inadequate Environmental Assessment of the Southern California Metroplex project related to proposed flight paths over the City
- Press Release: City to Sue FAA on Flight path changes
- On October 20, 2016, the City Council subcommittee on LAX/overflights held a community meeting in the Mike Balkman Council Chambers. Documents related to the presentations and discussion:
LAX Noise Resources
- LAX Noise Management Website
This site includes noise alerts and links to other resources.
- LAX Noise Complaint Line (424) 64-NOISE
LAX staff makes an effort to answer the line when possible. If no one is available, please leave a detailed message.
- LAX WebTrak Website
The online complaint form may be accessed through the WebTrak Application by clicking on the “complaints” tab located on the top left hand corner, then the “Complaint Form” button.
- LAX Community Noise Roundtable Website
The LAX Community Noise Roundtable was created in September 2000 and is intended to reduce and mitigate the adverse noise impacts that users of Los Angeles International Airport create on the surrounding communities. Membership in the Roundtable consists of located officials and staff, representatives of congressional offices, members of community groups, the FAA, the airlines and LAWA management.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) SoCal Metroplex (LAX) Environmental Assessment Report
The FAA public comment period on the Southern California Metroplex Draft Environmental Assessment (EA) closed on October 8, 2015. The City of Culver City submitted its comments on the EA on September 8, and submitted supplemental comments on October 8, 2015. In addition, the City forwarded over 800 comments from members of the Community, to ensure the FAA understands the impacts of the LAX flight paths on Culver City residents and businesses.
- Southern California Metroplex website
- Culver City September 8, 2015 comments to FAA
- Culver City October 8, 2015 Supplemental Comments to FAA
Links to various documents pertaining to the SoCal Metroplex
- FAA Draft Environmental Assessment Report
- FAA Letter on Metroplex Public Workshops
- FAA Metroplex Presentation
- LAWA So Cal Metroplex EA Process
- Metroplex Fact Sheet
Letters to state and federal elected officials:
- Culver City February 17, 2015 Letter-LAX Impacts
- Culver City December 9, 2015 Letter-FAA Accountability Act
On February 24, 2015, the City held its 1st community meeting regarding LAX Airport - Overflights and Other Impacts. A second community meeting was held on August 27, 2015.
Documents related to the Feb 24, 2015 discussion:
- Meeting Agenda
- Report on Culver City Aircraft noise Overflight Presentation
- Optimization of Airspace & Procedures in the Metroplex
- Map of Overflights
- Community Involvement
- Interim Report-Culver City Overflights
Further public comment on these issues may be submitted to the City as follows:
- By LETTER to the City Clerk, City of Culver City, 9770 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232;
- By FAX to the City Clerk at 310-253-5830; or
- By E-MAIL to the Culver City's Clerks Office
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact Lisa Vidra, Sr. Deputy City Attorney at (310) 253-5660 or by Email.
*You may sign up for the City’s E-Mail Notification System or calling the City Clerk’s Office at 310-253-5851. A USPS notification system is also available. They are both FREE!