Our volunteer office has information on more than 80 sites looking for volunteers. We are happy to help all community members in their efforts to find the perfect opportunity to give back. Please stop by our office at the Culver City Senior Center on Tuesday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or contact Volunteer Specialist Jill Thomsen at 310.253.6722 or via email.
Didi Hirsch Suicide Prevention Center
Services Provided: 24-hour crisis hotline.
Volunteer Positions: Telephone counselors and online chat counselors.
- Must be over the age of 21
- No prior experience in mental health required
- Basic computer competency required
- Fluent in English; Bilingual in other languages helpful but not required
- Attend and complete our 6-week training, DDH, and ASIST workshop
- Able to commit to a weekly 4-hour shift for an entire calendar year
- Ability to travel to our Century City location
Due to the nature of our work, we encourage applicants who have experienced suicide firsthand or through a loved one to seek support first before applying.