Media Park Revitalization and Conceptual Plan Development
Published on January 14, 2021
Community Survey Available until February 19!
The cities of Culver City and Los Angeles are developing a conceptual plan to revitalize Media Park, which is located at the corner of Culver and Venice Boulevards. On Thursday, February 4th, a virtual community workshop was held to discuss how Media Park can be enjoyed by a broad range of age groups and users, through identifying potential amenities and infrastructure needs and more! The design team presented an overview of the project and real-time survey to help guide project goals and conceptual plans, which will be prepared by landscape architects at SWA.
Outcomes could include:
- Bike hub and bike share facilities;
- Children’s tot lot/play area;
- Tea house/coffee concessions and restroom facilities;
- Arts related programming/performance space;
- Above-ground decking to protect existing tree roots and promote sustainability,
- Solar power and micro grids;
- Infrastructure to expand the park area to potentially accommodate Farmer’s Market and other special events.
Missed the meeting? Please find a copy of the presentation(PDF, 3MB) and access to the Media Park Meeting survey results from the meeting! The Media Park survey will be open until Friday, February 19th. We kindly ask only one survey submission per person.
For additional information or questions regarding this project, please contact Elaine Gerety Warner at (310) 253-5777 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.