Please use this side menu to find phone numbers to frequently searched divisions in Public Works.
The Engineering Division is responsible for residential parking permits, driveway/sidewalk permits, dumpster/street use permits, transportation permits, utilities and capital improvement projects.
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
(Closed every other Friday)
EPO is responsible for street sweeping, trash, recycling, organics, and construction and demolition debris collection, stormwater management, environmental programs and sewer system management.Envs. Programs and Operations
5:30am - 3:00pm
The Division is responsible for residential parking permits, dumpster/street use permits, transportation permits, bicycle and pedestrian projects.
Public Works is responsible for construction and maintenance and oversight of the City’s infrastructure. Services provided include management of the City’s capital improvement program, permitting of utility and other work in the public right-of-way, development review including setting requirements for and inspection of related improvements to the public right-of-way, traffic engineering, street parking (including the residential permit parking program), parking meters, street and sidewalk maintenance, street tree maintenance, sewer maintenance, municipal building maintenance, traffic signs and signal operation and maintenance, graffiti removal, residential and commercial refuse and recycling collection and disposal, street sweeping, and storm water pollution prevention program.
Charles D. Herbertson, P.E., L.S., Public Works Director / City Engineer
Engineering Division - Mate Gaspar, Engineering Services Manager
Maintenance Operations - Eric Mirzaian, Maintenance Operations Manager
Environmental Programs & Operations (EPO) - Kim Braun, Environment Programs & Operations Manager
Mobility & Transportation Engineering - Heba El-Guindy, Mobility & Transportation Engineering Manager
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Wireless Utility Permits
- Residential Parkway Guidelines (Download Parkway Permit Application)
- Urban Forest Master Plan
- 2016-2017 Capital Improvement Program Projects Map
- 2017-2018 Capital Improvement Program Projects Map
- Construction on the last link on the Park to Playa Trail Starts
- Traffic impacts along La Ciengega Boulevard for Park to Playa Pedestrian Bridge Constructions
- LADWP will be building an emergency connection to the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California water supply which will increase re...
- Golden State Water's Capital Improvement Project to create lane closures and delays along Jefferson Blvd.