Application Acceptance ongoing until all positions are filled.
Click here to download the application.
The Committee shall have the following objectives:
1. To advise and make recommendations to the City Council and the Director of Parks, Recreation, and Community
Services (Director) on policies and issues related to the City’s annual Dr. King (Event) as defined in these Bylaws.
The Committee shall have the following Duties:
A. The Committee shall provide advice to the City Council and the Director (or his/her designees) based on the specific
tasks or duties approved by the City Council, which may include, but shall not be limited to:
1. To assist the City in the organization and production of the Event.
2. To stimulate community interest in the Event through education, community
involvement, advertisement and volunteer opportunities.
3. To promote cooperation and coordination among various community organizations,
local businesses, and Event participants.
4. To explore ways to improve the Event and provide for greater enjoyment residents.
5. To involve all segments of the community in the Event.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Committee Members