The City of Culver City is about to update its General Plan. In spring/summer 2018, City Council established the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) to advise on the General Plan update (GPU). The GPAC has 21 members appointed by City Council and liaises with the City Council and other GPU advisory committees. Its primary roles are to (1) Support equitable and meaningful participation by the public in the General Plan update process, and (2) Provide a community perspective on policies and programs proposed for the updated General Plan.
The GPAC will:
- Make recommendations to City Council on behalf of community members on issues and policies related to the GPU.
- Provide insight to project consultants and staff on how to address controversial issues and understand sensitive community needs.
- Review and provide comments on GPU work products.
- Inform the community of the process and help to build community support for and engagement with the GPU process.
- Play an active role in public workshops by facilitating and encouraging public participation.
The GPAC will not:
- Make decisions or take actions on the GPU, as it is an advisory body only.
• Cicely Bingener
• Patricia Bijvoet
• Diana Hernandez
• Scott Malsin
• Ken Mand
• Wally Marks
• Yasmine Imani McMorrin
• Jeanne Min
• Paavo Monkkonnen
• Dr. Peter Capone-Newton
• Fred Puza
• Denice Renteria
• Reverend Doctor Frances Wattman Rosenau
• Sierra Smith
• Laura Stuart
• Claudia Vizcarra
• Jamie Wallace
• Andrew Weissman
• Noah Zatz
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
Join the GPAC for an Open House on Wednesday, September 4, 2019, from 6:30-8 pm at the Wende Museum, 10808 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90230. Celebrate the launch of the GPU project and be there for the first meeting of the GPAC. The consultant team, Raimi + Associates, will give a brief presentation on what to expect during the process and the project timeline. There will be a swearing-in of the GPAC Members, the Oath of Office will be administered to the GPAC Members, and City staff will go over the procedures and logistics for the GPAC to conduct its meetings. The process for the selection of a Chairperson and Vice Chairperson will be discussed; however, the selection itself will occur at the next meeting to be scheduled.
The agenda and related items will be available online once posted. This link is a direct connection to meeting agendas for all Culver City meeting bodies. If you do not see the link to the meeting you wish to view, please use the dropdown menus to select the year and then the body for the agenda(s) you wish to view.
Go to culvercity.org/generalplan for more information on the project and to sign-up for notifications. If you have questions or would like more information, e-mail Ashley Hefner, Advance Planning Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-253-5740.
Establishing the GPAC