The City of Culver City is updating its General Plan. In spring/summer 2018, City Council established the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) to advise on the General Plan Update (GPU). The GPAC has 21 members appointed by City Council and liaises with the City Council and other GPU advisory committees. Its primary roles are to (1) Support equitable and meaningful participation by the public in the General Plan update process, and (2) Provide a community perspective on policies and programs proposed for the updated General Plan.
The GPAC will:
- Make recommendations to City Council on behalf of community members on issues and policies related to the GPU.
- Provide insight to project consultants and staff on how to address controversial issues and understand sensitive community needs.
- Review and provide comments on GPU work products.
- Inform the community of the process and help to build community support for and engagement with the GPU process.
- Play an active role in public workshops by facilitating and encouraging public participation.
The GPAC will not:
- Make decisions or take actions on the GPU, as it is an advisory body only.
Get more information on the GPU and sign up for notifications. If you have questions of would like more information, email Ashley Hefner, Advance Planning Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-253-5740.
• Yasmine Imani McMorrin, Vice-Chair
• Manjit Asrani
• Cicely Bingener
• Patricia Bijvoet
• Diana Hernandez
• Scott Malsin
• Ken Mand
• Wally Marks
• Jeanne Min
• Paavo Monkkonnen
• Kristen Torres Pawling
• Fred Puza
• Denice Renteria
• Sierra Smith
• Laura Stuart
• Claudia Vizcarra
• Jamie Wallace
• Andrew Weissman
• Noah Zatz
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
The GPAC meets on the second Thursday of every other month at 7 PM, or at another time and place agreed upon by the GPAC, which will facilitate the attendance and input of the public. View the Community Calendar. The regular meeting location is the Culver City Senior Center, Room B47, 4095 Overland Ave., Culver City, CA 90232. For questions, information, and to arrange for complimentary childcare for GPAC meetings, email email@example.com or call 310-253-5740. Please make contact to arrange for childcare no later than 48 hours before the meeting.
The agenda and related items will be available online once posted. This link is a direct connection to meeting agendas for all Culver City meeting bodies. If you do not see the link to the meeting you wish to view, please use the dropdown menus to select the year and then the body for the agenda(s) you wish to view.
Establishing the GPAC