OFFICIAL CULVER CITY ELECTION RESULTS
The Los Angeles County’s Registrar Recorder/County Clerk certified the results of the November 6, 2018 Special Municipal Election on November 30, 2018. The results were declared official by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on December 4, 2018. The Culver City City Council will consider the adoption of a resolution reciting the facts and declaring the results, at the December 10, 2018 City Council Meeting.
The election returns certify passage of the Measure C ordinance by a majority of the voters casting votes in the election and shall take effect immediately upon its adoption by a majority vote of the qualified electors of the City voting in an election on the subject.
The charter amendment (Measure D) shall be deemed to be ratified once accepted and filed by the California Secretary of State, pursuant to California Government Code Section 34460 and shall take effect in the year 2020.
Measure C: Culver City Neighborhood Safety and City Services Protection Measure. Shall the measure to maintain 911 emergency response times by retaining firefighters, police officers, paramedics; fully staff neighborhood fire stations; fix potholes/streets; maintain senior services, after school programs, parks and other general fund City services, by increasing Culver City's sales tax one-quarter cent, until ended by voters with no rate increase, generating approximately $4,900,000 annually, requiring independent annual audits, and all funds used locally, be adopted?
Yes: 12,846 (70.73%)
No: 5,315 (29.27%)
Measure D: Shall the measure amending Sections 606 and 1500 of the Culver City Charter to change the date of the City's General Municipal Election for City Council Members from April of even-numbered years to the date of the statewide general election, currently held in November of even-numbered years, effective in 2020, in accordance with the California Voter Participation Rights Act be adopted?
Yes: 14,192 (83.16%)
No: 2,874 (16.84%)
Ballot Measure Texts, Arguments, and Impartial Analyses
- Measure C - Transactions and Use Tax
- Measure D - Proposed Charter Amendment
- Voter Information
- View Los Angeles County Election Results
- View the LA County Election Canvassing Schedule.
- Find Your Polling Location online or access a list Culver City polling locations.
- Check if You Are Registered to Vote
- View results throughout election night on November 6th and on November 7th. Please note that if you click on the link now, you will see results from the last election. We recommend waiting until after 8PM on November 6th to view results for the General Election.
Culver City Youth Election Outreach - Culver City Youth are the future electorate! Learn how Culver City is engaging youth in this election!
Take a look at Jimmy Fallon's educational video encouraging voter registration!
Official Notices and Resolutions
- Official Notice of Argument Deadlines
- Resolution 2018-R059 - Declaring a Fiscal Emergency in accordance with Article XII C of the California Constitution
- Resolution 2018-R060 - Calling and Giving Notice of Special Municipal Election
- Resolution 2018-R061 - Requesting the Board of Supervisors of the County of LA to Consolidate Special Election
- Resolution 2018-R062 - Authorizing the City Council or Certain Council Members to Submit Arguments for November 6, 2018 Special Municipal Election
- Resolution 2018-R063 - Providing for the Filing of Rebuttal Arguments for City Measures
Other Helpful Websites
General Information about the City Clerk's Office
City Clerk’s Office is located on the First Floor of City Hall (9770 Culver Boulevard – Culver City, CA 90232) with normal business hours from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday –City Hall is closed alternate Fridays. We welcome your questions about the election process. Please feel free to call 310-253-5851 if you have any questions about the election.