The City of Culver City (City) recognizes the community and economic benefits associated with special events. In effort to continue to encourage special events to be produced in Culver City, the City has adopted a Special Events Grant Program. The Special Events Grant Program provides financial support to two categories of events:
- Community/Charitable Events: Events that serve or benefit locally based organizations, causes and/or Culver City residents. Culver City-based organizations and events that serve the Culver City community specifically, receive priority funding.
- Signature Events: Large-scale events that promote Culver City regionally, attract visitors, provide measurable economic benefits to the City and enhance the quality of life within Culver City with recreational, cultural, social and/or educational activity of interest to the community.
Grants are available through an application-based process to assist qualified events in the form of fee waivers for City permits, in-kind and/or direct staffing services.
The Special Events Grant Program is the first step in having your special event considered for funding by the City of Culver City. This grant application provides information necessary to determine if the event meets the eligibility criteria and to assess estimated City costs to host each event. Programs seeking event support July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019 may apply by completing the following process:
- View the Complete Special Events Grant Program Checklist
- Schedule Pre-Application Meeting
- Complete Section I of Application Prior to Meeting
- Submit Complete Application by April 27th
All requests for funds are considered and reviewed by a City Council Subcommittee, which makes recommendations to the full City Council. Final grant awards are anticipated to be considered by the City Council on May 14, 2018 to align with the City's annual budget process.