The City of Culver City is committed to conserving water and creating a sustainable community and is currently observing Level 1 water use restrictions.
Report a Water Waste Violation
Failure to comply with these restrictions may result in the installation of a flow restrictor device along with associated fees for installation and removal.
|Golden State Watering Schedule|
|Currently, there are no landscape watering restrictions in place.|
California’s Potable Water Waste Restrictions
The State of California permanently prohibits the following practices that waste potable water:
- Hosing off sidewalks, driveways and other hardscapes.
- Washing a motor vehicle with a hose, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle.
- Operating a fountain or decorative water feature, unless the water is part of a recirculating system.
- Watering outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes excess runoff, or within 48 hours following measurable precipitation.
- Irrigating with potable water of ornamental turf on public street medians.
Violation of any of these prohibited or restricted water-use activities may be subject to a fine for each day in which the violation occurs.
|Los Angeles Department of Water & Power Watering Schedule|
|Addresses ending in:||Watering Days:|
|Even Numbers (0, 2, 4, 6, 8)||Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday|
|Odd Numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9)||Monday, Wednesday or Friday|
|*Watering must occur from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.|
Water Conservation Resources
- Metropolitan Water District Turf Replacement Program
- West Basin Grass Replacement Program
- April 7, 2017 Executive Order issued by Governor Jerry Brown
- Golden State Water’s Statement in Response to Governor’s April 7, 2017 Executive Order
- Conservation Tips from the West Basin Municipal Water District
- 2016: An independent panel releases recommendations for landscape water use efficiency
- Rebates through SoCal Water Smart
- Find a Rebate through EPA
- Cash for Kitchens
- Restaurant Water Checklist
- Educator/Student Information
- Help Your Trees Survive the Drought
Greywater System Information
- Guide Book
- Health Issues
- Maintenance and Operations Manual
- Chapter 16 of the California Plumbing Code