Report Fraud, Waste and Abuse of City Resources

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

WhistleTo report an issue, please call 1 (800) 952-5225. The Whistleblower Hotline is administered by California State Attorney General Office.

Please do not use the hotline to report labor grievance issues or employee misconduct, which should be reported to Human Resources. Matters of threat to a person should be reported to the Police Department by calling 911.

What to Report

  • Theft of City resources (e.g., cash, equipment, supplies or materials)
  • Record falsification
  • Payroll fraud or time abuse
  • Kickbacks or bribes
  • Intentional misuse of City equipment or property
  • Contractor fraud
  • Gross mismanagement of resources, including careless expenditures
  • Gross disregard of policy and/or procedural controls
  • Ethics violations

Additional City Contacts

  • General City Services, information & complaints (310) 253-6000
  • Non-Emergency Police Service (310) 837-1221
  • Workers Compensation Fraud (310) 253-5640

Other Non-City Hotlines or agencies to report