PRCS DEPARTMENT CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
Additional news and PRCS Department staff contact information may be found on the PRCS Department homepage. Email the PRCS Department or call us at 310-253-6650. Get the latest updates about the City of Culver City’s response to COVID-19.
Senior Center information desk staff is available via phone at 310-253-6700 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to answer any questions. Many of our partnership organizations such as WISE and Healthy Aging and the LA County Department of Mental Health will be available by phone should patrons need to contact them. If you have questions regarding specific programming and activities, please contact programming staff at 310-253-6715.
Notice of Changes to the Senior Nutrition Program
Per the directive of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works, “older adults 65 and older must send a family member, friend or caregiver who is under the age of 65 to pick-up meals” at Congregate Meal sites. Due to this new guideline, the Culver City Senior Center has adapted its meal service for existing registered nutrition program patrons, who are over 65 years old:
- For registered Congregate Nutrition Meal patrons under the age of 65 and those who are 65+, who have a family member, friend, neighbor or caregiver under the age of 65 who can pick-up the meal, please use our drive-up service located in the Senior Center parking lot Mondays and Wednesdays between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- For registered nutrition patrons ages 65+ who do not have anyone to pick up their meals, the City will deliver frozen meals on Mondays and Wednesdays between 11 AM and 2 PM.
- Existing Home Delivered Meal clients will continue to be served on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- All meals are frozen, with two meals provided on Mondays and three meals provided on Wednesdays.
- If you have a neighbor or family member who is a Culver City resident age 65+ and you concerned about their ability to get food, please send an email to Daniella Gutierrez.
- If you live outside of Culver City and are looking for resources regarding senior meals Here is a map with detailed plans for meal sites throughout LA County. You may also call 1-800-510-2020 for assistance.
The City’s social services partner, Special Services for Groups, will be available at the Senior Center to receive calls between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm and they can be reached via phone at 310-253-6717. Special Services for Groups social workers are here to provide you mental health services, care management, and address other social service needs.
If you have questions or would like more information, email the Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) Department or call us at 310-253-6650. Updates and additional information will be posted on the PRCS Department’s homepage as it becomes available. The City is providing updates on the coronavirus.
Senior Nutrition Program
The Elderly Nutrition Program invites anyone 60 & over to participate in our Congregate Lunch Program, Home Delivered Meals Program and Snack N' Chat. Disabled individuals may qualify.
Congregate Meal Program and Home Delivered Meals Programs are funded, in part, by the Los Angeles County Area Agency on Aging, through the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended, and the City of Culver City.
Culver City Senior Center
4095 Overland Avenue
Culver City, CA 90232
|Recreation Specialist||site manager||Administrative Clerk|