The Congregate Meal Service is intended to maintain and improve the physical and social well-being of mobile older adults in a group setting.
Congregate Meal Program Hours
- Monday through Friday
- Check-in begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Meal service begins at 11:30 a.m.
- Nutrition Program ends at 12:30 p.m.
Congregate Meal Program will have a change of hours on June 12, 2019 due to the Senior Health Fair. Pre-packaged lunches will be served from Noon until 2:00 p.m. If you have any questions about this change please contact Roxana Tabibi.
Come enjoy a delicious meal in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Lunch is served in the Dining Room.
For meal reservations, call (310) 253-6726.
Did you know last year our Program served over 29,000 Congregate Meals?
To contact the Nutrition Site Manager, call (310) 253-6727.
To see what the program is serving, here is This Month's Menu.
If you are 60 years or older, we invite you to participate in this wonderful program. All participants are required to register by completing the Los Angeles County Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services In-Take Form (2018-2019 Universal In-Take Form). The Los Angeles County membership is done through the Nutrition office and is FREE to all qualifying members.
To participate in the Nutrition Program, you are required to do the following:
- Register in the Nutrition Program.
- Seniors 60+ and their spouses (of any age) may make a reservation at least a day in advance between 9:30 a.m. and noon by calling (310) 253-6726.
- You may walk in or call 310-253-6726 the same day to be placed on the wait list.
- A suggested donation is $3.00.
- Individuals under 60 (excluding spouses) may not make reservations, will not be served until all seniors in the program are served, and must pay $4.00.
- Non-registered seniors must pay $4.00.
- Individuals on the waitlist will not be seated until all reservations are served. At that time, the waitlist will be called by the nutrition staff based on the amount of food. There is no guarantee that the waitlist will be served.
- It is the City of Culver City policy that participants are prohibited from sharing any outside food brought into the Nutrition site during operating hours and participants are prohibited from taking food from the premise.
Once you are registered in the Lunch Program, you can enjoy educational programs, holiday parties and other special activities including favorite pastime melodies played daily by our pianist. As a special treat, on Tuesdays we offer Karaoke to our senior participants during the Lunch Program. All are invited to take part!
If you would like to join us for lunch but have transportation challenges, the Culver City Senior Center may have a solution for you.Senior & Disabled Transportation Services are available for qualifying participants who are unable to drive.
Your donation to this valuable program will benefit our senior community.
Senior Nutrition Advisory Council
Roxana Tabibi, Nutrition Specialist
The Senior Nutrition Advisory Council (SNAC) meets every second Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. in the lunchroom. SNAC is comprised of Nutrition volunteers and Congregate Meals participants. To support the Nutrition Program in its ongoing efforts to provide a high quality of service, SNAC meets monthly to discuss and continually evaluate all issues relating to the Congregate Meals Program, Home Delivered Meals Program and the Telephone Reassurance Program.
There are many volunteer opportunities through the Senior Nutrition Program for anyone over the age of 18.
- Assisting at the Nutrition site check-in desk.
- Lunchroom Service
- Kitchen Helpers