The City’s goal is always to make the Plunge as safe as possible and provide a welcoming environment for the hundreds of patrons we serve each day. The City reserves the right to close the pool without advanced notice for special events, filming and in the case of emergencies. Lockers are available for participant usage each visit. Lockers must be emptied after each visit.
Recreation swimming is a family-oriented program enjoyed by people of all ages. The City has implemented recreation swim rules that are designed for the safety of all participants. Participants are encouraged to enjoy recreation swimming safely and to follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times. All fees are paid directly at the pool. All visitors must pay to enter the pool area. The schedule is subject to change. Children under 48 inches tall must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, the adult to child ratio must be 1 to 1.
Recreational Swim Hours 2019
June 17 - August 25
Monday - Sunday 12:30-2:30 pm
August 26 - October 27
Saturdays and Sundays 12:30-2:30 pm
Labor Day Monday September 3
Pool RulesPool rules are designed for the safety of everyone. The City of Culver City reserves the right to amend these rules for the safety of its participants. The City of Culver City also reserves the right to refuse service to any participant who violates any of these rules or direction from Aquatics Staff. Staff should direct any concerns or problems to the Pool Manager or Aquatic Coordinator immediately.
- All persons entering pool complex are required to pay the admission fee.
- No person shall enter the pool without a lifeguard present.
- A complete head and body shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- No Running at any time.
- Diving is only permitted from diving boards. (see "Diving Board Rules")
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the pool.
- Bathing suits must be hemmed; no cut-offs allowed.
- Hanging on ropes or lane lines is not permitted.
- Hanging and swinging on hand rails is not permitted.
- Horseplay (shoving, dunking, sitting on shoulders, etc.) is not permitted in pool or on deck.
- Smoking, gum chewing, and spitting are not permitted.
- Persons with open sores, cuts, or rashes are not permitted in pool complex; bandages are prohibited in pool.
- Abusive and/or foul language are prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Floatation devices (lifejackets, waterwings, etc.) are not permitted.
- Possession of alcohol in pool complex is prohibited.
- Individuals assumed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall not be permitted into pool complex.
- Emergency equipment is for emergency lifeguard use only. Only Lifeguards are permitted on lifeguard stands.
- Children under 48 inches tall must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, the adult to child ratio must be 1 to 1.
- No bicycles or skateboards allowed on pool deck.
- For your safety no prolonged breath holding is permitted.
- Private instruction is prohibited in the pool without a permit.
The City has implemented diving board rules that are designed for the safety of all participants. Participants are encouraged to enjoy diving boards safely and to follow the direction of the lifeguards at all times.
Diving Board Hours 2019
May 26 - June 16
Saturdays and Sundays 12:30 - 2:30 pm
June 17 - August 25
Monday - Sunday 12:30 - 2:30 pm
Diving Board Rules
- As a safety precaution, before diving, divers must pass a swim test.
- The swim test is as follows: 50 yards freestyle, with head in water using rotary breathing.
- All participants passing the swim test will receive a wristband before using the diving boards.
- Must be 48 inches tall to use the high dive/3 meter
- Following a dive, swimmer must immediately swim directly to the closest ladder at the side of pool to exit.
- No swimming in the diving well.
- Only one (1) bounce on boards is permitted.
- Only one (1) person on board and ladder at a time.
- Intentionally splashing lifeguards is strictly prohibited.
- The following is prohibited on diving board:
- running on board
- diving from side
- swinging on rails
- horseplay (flips, back dives, etc.)
- jumping off board while others are in area
Recreation Swim & Diving Fees
|Adult Lap Swim Passes, Resident||$35.00|
|Adult Lap Swim Passes, Non-Resident||$50.00|
|Adult-Student Lap Swim Passes, Resident||$30.00|
|Adult-Student Lap Swim Passes, Non-Resident||$45.00|
|Seniors & Disabled Lap Passes, Resident||$20.00|
|Seniors & Disabled Lap Passes, Non-Resident||$25.00|
|Youth Recreation Swim Passes, Resident||$20.00|
|Youth Recreation Swim Passes, Non-Resident||