PRCS UPDATE – Here’s What’s Happening Now
New “Pocket” Summer Camps at Veterans Memorial Building Begin on July 6 — Residents Register Now!
Online registration for Culver City residents begins tomorrow morning, June 25 at 7:00 AM for Culver City Parks, Recreation & Community Services newly created Just 4 Kids Pocket Camps. We are back with themed weeks, games, arts/crafts, many outdoor activities, special events and more! Open to ages 5 (must have completed Kindergarten) through 11, many precautions have been implemented for the safety of participants, parents, and staff.
Camp will consist of a “pocket” of 8 to 12 children and one counselor per room for 6 hours per day, with no interaction with other “pockets.” Siblings and members of the same household must register in the same group regardless of age. Employees and participants are required to wear masks, maintain physical distancing when feasible, wash hands often and follow other precautionary measures that are detailed on the City’s Day Camp website.
Snacks and lunch will not be included and should be supplied for each child. Daily check in and out will occur at the grass field by the horseshoe parking lot and will include a temperature and wellness check. If a child or parent exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19, they will not be allowed to attend camp. Space will be very limited both in physical area and participant numbers. All camp weeks must be paid in full, with no deposits and no refunds unless camp is cancelled by the City. For more information and the link for online registration, visit the City’s Day Camp website.
Sign-up your kids now for one of Culver City's Virtual Summer Programs! Options include:
• "Virtual Choice" ($45, registration ongoing): Campers will have access to the private page of pre-recorded videos with step by step instructions to a wide variety of popular camp activities led by our talented camp staff. A camp kit including craft supplies, and an activity book will be included and available for pick-up.
• "Virtual Camp" program ($90/week, registration begins June 13th): Campers will have a week of daily 75 minute live videos calls with other campers and their counselor plus access to a private page of pre-recorded videos. The video calls allow for campers to interact with each other and counselors through fun games, crafts and activities. A camp kit including camp shirt, craft supplies, and an activity book will be included and will be available for pick-up.
Open with Restrictions to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
Please follow the links below for details.
- Senior Nutrition Program
- Community Garden
- Parks & Park Restrooms
- The Boneyard Dog Park
- Tennis, Paddle Tennis & Handball Courts
Closed for Now
- Playgrounds & Parcourse Fitness Equipment
- Skate Park
- Baseball / Soccer / Multi-Use Fields
- Basketball Courts
Thank you for your continued understanding as we navigate these times together. Please know that one thing is certain: Culver City Parks, Recreation and Community Services understands the need for services and will be back to running programs as soon as it is deemed safe to do so. In the meantime we wish you the best and appreciate your patience!