Sewer Maintenance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
sewer maintenanceThe City is responsible for the sewer mainline only. City maintenance crews clean the sewer mainlines to ensure proper flow. Maintenance of a sewer lateral attaching itself from the residence to the mainline serving private property is the responsibility of the property owner.  The City however, has partnered with Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA) to provide single family property owners the ability to purchase an insurance policy that will cover the cost to repair or replace their sewer lateral (the pipeline from your house that connects to the City’s mainline). For more information about the insurance or to enroll in the program, read the public notice.

If work is to be done entirely on your property, plumbers with a C-36 Contractors license and a Culver City business license can do the work. 

Permits for work on your private property are issued by the City's Building and Safety Division (310) 253-5800. Permits for work within public right-of-way are issued by the Engineering Division (310) 253-5600.