Yard Sale Regulations
Culver City Municipal Code 11.09.400-11.09.440
- No yard sale shall be conducted without a no-fee permit issued by the City.
- No permit shall be issued to any person or for any location more frequently than once every six months nor shall any sale be conducted for a period in excess of three consecutive days or four days consisting of Saturday and Sunday of two consecutive weekends.
- No yard sale shall start before 9:00 a.m., nor continue after 6:00 p.m.
- All display and related activity shall be conducted within an enclosed structure, be it a house or garage, located anywhere on the lot, an enclosed patio located within the side or rear yard, or in the rear yard itself. Front and side yards and driveways shall not be used for a yard sale or for storage or display of property or any related activity other than display of one sign in accordance with paragraph "5" hereof.
- No sign or other form of advertisement of a proposed yard sale shall be placed upon any public property within the City (the Zoning Code, as set forth in Title 17 of this Code) or upon any other property within the City, except upon the premises where a sale is conducted. No sign or other form of advertisement shall be exhibited for more than two days prior to the day each sale period is to commence, and shall be removed by 6:00 p.m. on the termination day of each period. One sign only, not exceeding 15 x 20 inches in size, may be placed in the front or side yard of the premises where the sale is conducted. The sign shall be placed at least five (5) feet from the front property line which for purposes of this Section shall be considered the edge of the sidewalk furthest from the street or the edge of the curb furthest from the street if there is no sidewalk. No attention-getters or flags shall be displayed.
View the full municipal code.
Any person violating any provision of this Code shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor, and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed One Thousand Dollars ($1,000), imprisonment for a term not exceeding six (6) months, or both.
Every day any violation of the CODE shall continue shall constitute a separate offense.