Contact your FEMA Regional and HQ Voluntary Agency Liaisons and Donations Specialists.
Learn how FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons can support your organization during disaster response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation.
Get guidance on managing spontaneous volunteers in times of disaster.
FEMA Voluntary Agency and Donations Coordination
The FEMA Voluntary Agency and Donations Coordination Section promotes the interest of voluntary, faith-based, and community-based stakeholders by advocating for them and empowering their activities and integration across the disaster life-cycle and in every subject area in which they engage.
FEMA Voluntary Agency Liaisons (VALs) and Donations Specialists build relationships among Federal, State, and tribal governments and voluntary, faith-based, and community-based organizations by reporting to and from FEMA and other government agencies on programs of voluntary organizations active during disasters, providing information and guidance to organizations, and assisting States in strengthening State Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs).
VALs and Donations Specialists can provide information, support, and guidance on:
- Routine Use
- Written Consent
- FEMA Donated Resources Policy
- Disaster Case Management Program (DCMP)
- Crisis Counseling Program (CCP)
- Disaster Legal Services (DLS)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Individuals & Households Program (IHP)
- Alternate Grant Funding
- Mission Assignments
- Preliminary Damage Assessments (PDAs)
- Formation of Long Term Recovery Groups
- Multi-Agency Warehouses
- Spontaneous Unaffiliated Volunteers/ Volunteer Reception Centers
- Unsolicited Donated Goods
- Volunteer and Donations Messaging
- The National Donations Management Network (NDMN)
- Debris Removal
- Muck and Gut