The City of Culver City Transportation Division Goal is to offer several transportation options to residents of Culver City and designated areas of Los Angeles County. Paratransit Service is a curb-to-curb public transportation service for people with disabilities who are unable to use “fixed route” forms of public transportation. Paratransit is a shared-ride service operated with modern, accessible vehicles, and taxi cabs.
For further information, please contact:
Asia Yates, Recreation and Community Services Coordinator
Appointments available Monday through Friday
Current Dial-A-Ride and Taxi Coupon Program participants, please contact the Transportation Department at (310) 253-6580 with comments, questions, recommendations, and/or complaints.
Culver CityBus is a fixed route service provider in Los Angeles County and utilizes the services of Access Services as its ADA Complementary Paratransit provider.
What is Access Services?
Access Services is the ADA Complementary Paratransit service for functionally disabled individuals in Los Angeles County.
Access Services operates seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day in most areas of Los Angeles County.
It is a shared ride service that operates curb-to-curb and utilizes a fleet of small buses, mini-vans and taxis.
ACCESS Services users ride Culver CityBus for free with a valid ACCESS card. Personal care attendants are required to pay full fare when accompanying the ACCESS Services user.
How to Apply:
Find out how to apply for Access Services please visit Am I Eligible?
Where to buy Access coupons:
NOTE: For the most current list of agencies that sell Access coupons, please refer to the Access Services Rider Guide. Culver CityBus continues to welcome Access customers using their Access Services-issued TAP card on board.
1. Purchase Online
If you wish you can purchase Access coupons online.
2. Purchase by Mail
If you wish to purchase Access coupons by mail, please write your Access Rider ID Number on your check or money order. Please mail your payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
PO Box 5728
El Monte, CA 91734
Please note that Access coupons are not refundable, unless the rider is deceased.
For more information on Access services, please download the Access Rider Guide below (PDF):
A donation of 50 cents each way is suggested.
Donations help support and maintain the Dial-A-Ride Program.
Dial-A-Ride passes may be purchased at the Senior Center Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Dial-A-Ride is a shared curb-to-curb transportation service for Culver City residents that have a physician-certified disability, which prevents the use of regular public transportation.
- Service is available 8:30 a.m.–4:15 p.m., Monday– Friday, provided a reservation is made a day in advance.
- The City of Los Angeles Department of Transportation offers qualified seniors and individuals with disabilities living the City of Los Angeles and designated areas of Los Angels County low-cost access to Metro bus, taxi and /or Dial-a-Ride service through membership with the City Ride Program.
By Telephone: 213, 310, 323 or 818 area codes
- Should a situation arise that requires the filing of a formal complaint, please follow this course of action:
- Note the phone number of the taxi company
- Date and time the taxi company was called
- Pick-up address
- Note the 3 or 4 digit number of the taxi cab involved
- Contact the Culver City Transportation Department at (310) 253-6580 for proper handling of the complaint.
Culver City residents are eligible with proof of residency and a completed Physician Authorization Form on file. This form is to be completed by the participant’s doctor verifying that the participant cannot drive or take fixed-route public transportation due to a disability or illness.
County residents, living within View Park, Windsor Hills, or Ladera Heights, must also have a completed Physician Authorization Form on file.
County residents over the age of 60 do not require authorization by a physician.
- Participants can buy coupons for taxicab trips.
- Each coupon is worth $1 and the $10-coupon books sell at an 80% discount, or $2 per book.
- Program participants may purchase up to 10 coupon books for L.A. County residents and 7 coupon books for Culver City residents each month. Taxi coupons never expire.
- In total, participants can buy up to $70-worth of taxi coupons monthly for just $14.
- Taxi drivers are required to accept a maximum of $8 in taxi coupons per trip.
- If the fare exceeds the $8 coupon limit, the balance of the fare must be paid by the participants.
- Tips for taxi drivers are the responsibility of the participant.
$2.85 for the first 1/9 mile $0.30 for each additional 1/9 mile, and $0.30 for each additional 37 seconds of waiting time and/or traffic delay.
Rates may change and/or differ from what is listed above.
It’s always best to call one of the taxicab companies to determine current rates.
- The program supplements the Culver City Dial-A-Ride program for approved participants. By working with local taxicab companies, the program allows participants to book trips at a subsidized rate, allowing for lower costs and more flexibility.
- Participants may travel anytime the taxicab company is available. Taxicab wait times are generally 15–30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
Coupons are available for purchase from the Senior Center Business Desk 9 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday, and on weekends, noon–4 p.m.
Participants who do not purchase coupons within a 12-month period will be deleted from the program.
Taxi Company Phone Number Metro Cab (310) 444-7777 Beverly Hills Cab Company (800) 273-6611 or (310) 273-6611 Independent Cab Company (800) 521-TAXI (8294) or (310) 659-8294 United Taxi of the South-West (800) 822-8294 or (310) 821-1000
- Take part in the Senior & Social Services Thursday Transportation Program which teaches new users the ins and outs of public transit through guided outings. The program meets in the Senior Center lobby every Thursday at 11 a.m. Please find local transit agency contact info below:
Culver City Bus www.culvercitybus.com (310) 253-6500
Metro www.metro.net (323) GO-METRO (323-466-3876)
Big Blue Bus www.bigbluebus.com (310) 451-5444
- A TAP card is a fare card that you can use again and again on fixed-route public transportation. The durable plastic card contains a smart chip that allows you to buy and electronically load stored value and passes for use on Culver CityBus, Metro and several other TAP participating agency bus lines. You may purchase or reload stored value onto your TAP card at the Culver City Transportation Department, Culver City City Hall or anywhere TAP cards are sold.
A TAP card costs $2 plus any stored value that you add to the card. It is valid on Culver CityBus and Metro and several other TAP participating agencies. Metro passes may be purchased at Metro pass vending locations and only used on Metro bus and rail.
Senior TAP card applications are available at the Senior Center, the Transportation Department Facility, City Hall and online by clicking here.
Westchester Playa Village is a non-profit organization that helps older adults remain active and independent in their own homes so they may remain engaged in the neighborhoods they live. One of the services they provide is volunteer transportation. Service areas include Culver City, Playa Vista and Westchester. Annual membership fees apply.
For more information call (310) 695-7030 or visit the Westchester Playa Village website.