Monday, April 13, 2020 - AWARD OF CONTRACT for La Ballona Elementary School Safe Routes to School Project.
- 01 Project Plans
- 02 Section F – Technical Specifications
- 03 Itemized Bid List – Bid Schedule
- 04 Addendum 3
- 05 Addendum 2
- 06 Addendum 1
- 07 Notice Inviting Bid
The La Ballona Elementary Safe Routes to School Project will install a number of traffic safety improvements in the neighborhood surrounding La Ballona Elementary School to make it safer and more comfortable to walk and bike to school. Proposed improvements include:
- Curb extensions at intersections to shorten pedestrian crossing distances
- New ADA ramps to make it easier to cross the street in a wheelchair or with a stroller
- New high-visibility crosswalks
- New controlled intersections with median refuge islands on Washington Blvd.
- New street trees and pedestrian-scale lighting
- A new protected bike lane on Elenda Street between Culver Blvd. and Washington Blvd.
This project is funded through a California Active Transportation Program Cycle 2 grant and is scheduled to go to City Council in May 2019. Design and engineering work are currently ongoing.
Past Community Meetings and Outreach Events:
- Saturday, November 4, 2017: Read about the workshop at the La Ballona Fall Festival.
- Thursday, November 16, 2017: Read about the Open House from 5pm - 6pm and the discussions held during the BPAC meeting.
- Saturday, August 26, 2018: Project booth at Fiesta La Ballona 2018
- Saturday, September 08, 2018: Open house displaying:
- Saturday, September 15-22: Read about the demonstration of the Elenda St. two-way parking protected bikeways at the SCAG Experience Elenda: Go Human event and the final Experience Elenda Demonstration Report.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019: Open house displaying:
For questions and comments about this project, please contact Gabriel Garcia, Traffic Engineering Manager, at (310) 253-5633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.