To obtain a Utility Permit for placement of telecommunications cable in the Culver City public right-of-way, please submit the following documents at the 2nd Floor Engineering counter at Culver City, City Hall for review to start the process (applications are not accepted by email);
- Three (3) hard copies of stamped detailed engineering plans and Traffic Control Plans if necessary.
- Right of Way Questionnaire (applicant to complete). Make sure your environmental clearances are in order.
- Engineer’s Estimate for street reconstruction and traffic control portion of the work only; and
System Exhibit, on 8 ½” x 11” in black and white, shall include, but not limited to,
- Title block with project name, applicant name and address;
- North Arrow;
- Street names;
- Conduit alignment, location of proposed vaults and/or manholes, above ground cabinets, utility poles, etc.; and
- Table of the “Bill of Materials” which provides a description (i.e. conduit, conduit material, pull box, vaults, etc.) and quantities of the material (linear feet, each, etc.).
- Start and end points of conduit and/or aerial fiber runs with distances from nearest cross street.
Example System Exhibits
Projects will be rejected that violate the City’s street cut moratorium. The City of Culver City (City) places a street cut moratorium on any street that has been paved, constructed or reconstructed or received a surface treatment such as a slurry seal within the last 5 years. On a newly paved, constructed, reconstructed or surface treated street, the pavement surface shall not be cut or opened for a period of five years after the street is paved, constructed, or reconstructed.