To obtain a Wireless Utility Permit for placement of small cell sites in the Culver City public right-of-way, please submit the following documents to the 2nd floor Engineering counter at City Hall for review to start the process. Applications are accepted in-person and by appointment only on Monday and Tuesday during normal business hours.
- A pre-application submittal meeting is encouraged to review submission requirements prior to submitting the Wireless Utility Application. To schedule a pre-application meeting and/or to set up an appointment to submit an application, contact Engineering at 310-253-5600.
Complete and submit a Wireless Utility Application. (The answers to the application questions and other documentation attached to the application require review prior to issuing a Wireless Utility Permit described in Step Two below.)
- Important documents to refer to when completing a Wireless Utility Application:
- Streetlight/Traffic Signal Location Map
- Where do I find the Streetlight Pole ID Number I need to enter into my application? Does the streetlight pole I want to use already have a small cell site installed upon it? To answer these questions, go to: Streetlight Inventory
Useful tips when visiting the streetlight/traffic signal inventory webpage:
- Zoom in until you see the streetlight/traffic signal numbers displayed on the map.
- To find out detailed information about a particular streetlight/traffic signal, click upon the blue or red dots and a pop-up window containing its assigned number, small cell site status, type, etc. will display.
- Click upon each of the icons located on the top left-hand side to find out what they do and don’t forget to click on the Attribute Table tab located at the very bottom/center of the page to see a matrix of information for all the streetlights/traffic signals that are displayed on the screen at any given time.
- District Map of Downtown
- District Map of the Transit District
- District Map of Washington West Business District
- District Map of Arts District
- Map of Underground Districts 1 through 13
- General Plan Noise Element
- Culver City Municipal Code Section 11.020.065 – Wireless Facilities In the Public Rights-of-Way
- A $2,849 combined application/permit fee is due upon submission of the application for a LADWP/SCE Pole Attachment.
- A $3,429 combined application/permit fee is due upon submission of the application for a New Stand-Alone or City-Owned Pole Attachment.
- If you are attaching a small cell site to an SCE or LADWP utility pole or plan to install a stand-alone pole:
- City will issue a Wireless Utility Permit upon the successful completion of the application process.
- If you are attaching a small cell site to a City-owned streetlight or traffic signal:
- Applicants are required to execute a General Terms and Conditions Agreement
- A Light Pole Addendum, which is referenced in the General Terms and Conditions Agreement (once every 20 years); and
- A Light Pole Addendum Order, which is Exhibit B to the Light Pole Addendum (one for each small cell site location).
- The City will issue a Wireless Utility Encroachment Permit upon execution of these documents and the successful completion of the application process.