Become a Certified Sustainable Business in Culver City!
The City is now accepting registrations for the 2018/2019 Sustainable Business Certification Program.
- Must register by December 31, 2018.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Eligible businesses will receive a FREE assessment.
- Qualifying small businesses will receive certification at no charge.
Culver City’s Sustainable Business Certification Program (“CCSBCP”) is designed to help businesses operate sustainably and receive public recognition for their efforts. Becoming a Certified Sustainable Business means implementing practices and forming policies that reduce energy and water consumption, prevent pollution, diverts waste from landfills, and enhance socially-responsibility.
CCSBCP Benefits for Participating Businesses
- Save money on energy, water and waste bills
- Conserve valuable resources and protect the environment
- Improve employee wellbeing and productivity
- Receive public recognition by the City as a sustainable business Membership in the California Green Business Network
- Join the growing network of Sustainable Businesses in Culver City and Statewide.
- Help Culver City achieve its climate action goals Help Culver City achieve its solid waste diversion goal of 75% by 2020
- Tier 1: "Certified" - Businesses must meet criteria in Energy, Water & Waste reduction, Pollution Prevention, Transportation and Community Engagement.
- Tier 2: "Certified Innovator" - In addition to meeting Tier 1 criteria, businesses must be exemplary employers and demonstrate innovative practices in environmental stewardship , community engagement and social responsibility.
Sustainability Experts Provide Participating Businesses with…
- A Comprehensive On-site Assessment
- A Customized Action Plan
- Free water and /or low cost energy saving devices and resources through utility and other partnerships
- Step-by-Step Guidance to meet certification criteria
- Certification Seal when Action Plan measures are implemented
- Be a commercial business located in the City of Culver City (no home offices)
- Have a current Culver City Business License
- Have 5 or more employees
- Be in the Office/Retail or Restaurant sector
- Be in business for at least one year
- Be in compliance and up-to-date with all city and county ordinances
The Certification Process
- A CCSBCP consultant will contact you to schedule a brief call to review requirements followed by an on-site visit
- Enroll on the California Green Business Network database. Receive a customized Action Plan
- Work with your CCSBCP consultant and building owner or manager (if applicable) to implement the Action Plan
- Receive the City certification seal, which is valid for 3 years
Get a jump on your certification now by following these checklists:
|Culver City Sustainable Business Certification Fee Schedule*|
|1-9 employees||10-99 employees||100+ employees|
|Retail / Office||$225
*Qualifying small businesses will receive certification at no charge
Culver City partners with local non-profit, Sustainable Works, and local consulting firm -- Balanced Approach Strategic Sustainability Services to administer Culver City’s premiere Sustainable Business Certification Program.