Become a Certified Sustainable Business in Culver City!
The City is now accepting registrations.
- Register by March 1, 2020. Select GET CERTIFIED!
- Eligible businesses receive a FREE assessment.
- Qualifying businesses receive a FREE certification.
- Up to $500 in rebates per business are available while funds last!
Culver City’s Sustainable Business Certification Program (“CCSBCP”) is designed to help businesses operate sustainably and receive public recognition for their efforts. Becoming a Certified Sustainable Business means implementing practices and forming policies that reduce energy and water consumption, prevent pollution, divert waste from landfills, and enhance socially-responsibility.
CCSBCP Benefits for Participating Businesses
- Save money
- Receive up to $500 in rebates for qualifying costs associated with achieving certification
- Improve employee wellbeing and productivity
- Certification Seal upon completion
- Receive public recognition, press coverage and official City Commendation by the City as a certified sustainable business
- Membership in the California Green Business Network
- Join the growing network of Sustainable Businesses
- Help the City achieve its climate action and solid waste diversion goals
- Tier 1: "Certified" - Businesses must meet criteria in Energy, Water & Waste reduction, Pollution Prevention, Transportation and Community Engagement.
- Tier 2: "Certified Innovator" - In addition to meeting Tier 1 criteria, businesses must be exemplary employers and demonstrate innovative practices in environmental stewardship, community engagement and social responsibility.
Sustainability Experts Provide Participating Businesses with…
- A Comprehensive On-site Assessment
- A Customized Action Plan
- Free or low cost energy and water saving tools and resources through utility and other partnerships
- Step-by-Step Guidance to meet certification criteria
- Located in a commercial building in Culver City
- Have a current Culver City Business License
- 5 or more employees
- Business is in the Office, Retail, School, or Restaurant sector
- Open for business for at least 6 months
- In compliance with all City and county regulations and permits
The Certification Process
- Register on the California Green Business Network (CAGBN) website.
- A City consultant will contact you to review requirements followed by scheduling an on-site visit to determine your customized Action Plan.
- Work with the City consultant step-by-step to implement the Action Plan.
- Receive digital certification seals and graphics (Culver City and California Green Business Network) upon completion, each valid for 3 years.
Get a jump on your certification now by following these checklists:
|Culver City Sustainable Business Certification Fee Schedule*|
|1-9 employees||10-99 employees||100+ employees|
|Retail / Office||$350
*Qualifying small businesses will receive certification at no charge