All individuals, corporations, firms, syndicates, joint stock corporations, partnerships, trusts, associations, organizations, clubs, and societies which offer goods, materials, commodities, wares, merchandise or services for sale to the public in Culver City and all professions, crafts, trades, occupations and callings of every kind and nature which are carried on for profit in Culver City are required to obtain a business tax certificate within 30 days of starting business.
A business tax certificate is required whether the business actually makes a profit or not. Independent contractors must obtain a business tax certificate. Non-profit organizations are required to obtain a business tax certificate, but are exempted from paying business tax on those activities for which they have I.R.S. proof of tax exemption.
For assistance or any questions, contact the Revenue Division by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (310) 253-5870.
- Form BT-01: Business Activity Based from a Culver City Address
- Form BT-02: Business Activity Based from a Non-Culver City Address
- Form BT-03: State Licensed Contractor Based Outside of Culver City
- Form BT-04: Operation of a Commercial Vehicle
- Form BT-05: Operation of a Vending Machine or Coin-Operated Amusement Device