On October 28, 2019, the City Council of the City of Culver City approved Resolution 2019-R082, calling and giving notice of the holding of a Special Municipal Election to be held in the City on Tuesday, March 3, 3020, for the submission of one (1) question to the voters relating to one (1) tax measure.
FULL MEASURE QUESTION:
“CONTINUATION OF CITY SERVICES TRANSACTIONS AND USE TAX.
Shall the measure to maintain 911 emergency response services by retaining firefighters/ police officers/ paramedics; addressing homelessness; fixing potholes/streets; maintaining storm drains, parks, after-school programs, senior services, and other general fund services, by continuing the voter approved one-half cent sales tax, generating approximately 9.8 million dollars annually, until March 31, 2033, requiring independent annual audits, all funds used locally, with no tax rate increase, be adopted?”
Ballot Measure Texts, Arguments, and Impartial Analyses
- Full Ballot Measure Text
- Argument in Favor (Coming Soon)
- Impartial Analyses (Coming Soon)
Official Notices and Resolutions
- Notice of Calling of the Special Municipal Election for a Ballot Measure
- Notice of Argument and Impartial Analysis Deadlines (Argument Forms and Declaration Page)
- Resolution 2019-R081 - Declare Fiscal Emergency, Article 8 of CA Constitution
- Resolution 2019-R082 - Call and Give Notice of Special Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 3, 2020 for 1 Tax Measure Question
- Resolution 2019-R083 - Request Board of Supervisors of County of LA to Consolidate a Special Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Resolution 2019-R084 - Authorize City Council or Member to Submit Argument on 1 Tax Measure March 3, 2020
- Resolution 2019-R085 - File of Rebuttal Arguments for City Measures Submitted at Municipal Elections