Culver City Municipal Code Section 9.04.015.I
I. Use of leaf blowers. The commercial use or operation of any leaf blower or other portable machine powered with an internal combustion engine used to blow leaves, dirt, and other debris off sidewalks, driveways, lawns and other surfaces, without first having obtained a leaf blower operator’s permit issued by the City pursuant to this Section. A leaf blower operator’s permit shall not be required for an individual operating a leaf blower for private use and not as part of a commercial business.
1. Each applicant for a leaf blower operator’s permit shall be required to demonstrate conformance with the City’s guidelines for leaf blower usage as set forth in the permit application and provide evidence of a current business tax certificate.
2. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a leaf blower or other machine described in this Section within the City of Culver City, except between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
3. It shall be unlawful for any person to operate, within the City of Culver City, a leaf blower with a sound level exceeding 65 decibels.
4. Upon request by the City, any person operating a leaf blower must allow the City’s inspection of the leaf blower to verify compliance with this Section, and must present to the City, upon request, documentation from the manufacturer evidencing the leaf blower’s decibel level.
5. The City may revoke a permit issued pursuant to this Section as a result of any violation of Subsection I.2, I.3 or I.5.
6. An applicant for a leaf blower operator’s permit who has had a permit revoked, or been convicted of or pled guilty or no contest to a criminal charge alleging a violation of this Section, within the prior six (6) months shall not be issued a permit.
7. Subsections I.3, I.4 and I.5 shall become effective on November 23, 2022. (Ord. No. 2013-009, § 4 (part); Ord. No. 2017-015, § 1)