Holiday Slowdown Policy
In order to promote vehicular and pedestrian access to the retail and commercial centers during the holiday season, the following Holiday Slowdown periods shall be observed in which work in the public right-of-way shall be prohibited:
- Those commercial streets identified as Primary and Secondary Arteries in the City's Circulation Element of the General Plan.
- The week of Thanksgiving .
- Seven (7) calendar days prior to and including Christmas day.
- The week between Christmas day and New Years day.
- Those residential streets identified as Local Streets and Neighborhood Feeders in the City's Circulation Element of the General Plan.
- The day before Thanksgiving through the Thanksgiving weekend.
- Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and the day after Christmas. If Christmas falls on a weekend, then work shall be prohibited on the Friday before Christmas and the Monday after Christmas.
- New Years Eve and New Years day. If New Years falls on a weekend,
- then work shall be prohibited on the Friday before New Years.
During the slowdown, each job site shall be maintained in a clean and safe manner.
Any deviation from the Holiday Slowdown shall be approved by the City Engineer.
Charles D. Herbertson, Public Works Director