Code of Behavior
Please remember City operated programs are designed as a large group interaction experience.
- No cussing, foul language or mean remarks. This includes obscene gestures. Clothing with inappropriate language or expressions may not be worn.
- Stay with the group at all times. If you can’t see a staff person then they can’t see you.
- No Bullying or hazing.
- Clean up after yourself. The janitorial staff does not clean our space.
- No defacing or damaging property (either public or someone else’s).
- Keep your hands to yourself. Don’t touch things (or people) you don’t have permission to touch.
- Don’t disrupt the program. If staff needs to take time away from the program to have a special talk with you, it’s taking time from everyone else.
- No weapons of any kind are permitted.
No Tolerance Policy
Bullying, rough housing, fighting, biting, not keeping their hands to themselves, spitting, choking, scratching or destruction of City equipment; these actions warrant immediate action up to suspension.
Our staff is trained to work in the childcare field. Through proper redirection, children should be able to distinguish for themselves the difference between right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable behaviors. In an effort to preserve a safe environment for all participants and staff, misconduct will be addressed as follows:
- First Offense – Verbal warning by staff
- Second Offense – Supervised break away from the group
- Third Offense – Parent notified for conference with the Recreation Coordinator or Supervisor
Any subsequent offenses can lead to suspension from the program at the Recreation Supervisor's discretion. The decision will be based upon the Recreation Coordinator’s appraisal of the participant’s behavior as well as the parent’s involvement in aiding the participant to overcome behavioral problems.
If issues, continue the participant may not be allowed to continue the program. No refund will be given.
Our staff does not assume responsibility for the personal property of any participant. For the protection of your child’s personal property, if you allow your child to bring anything of value to the program, please mark the item with your child’s name. Items left out carelessly, not put safely away or shown to other participants will have a greater tendency to disappear. Any child caught stealing will be dealt with by an immediate conference with parents and the Site Senior Recreation Leader to determine appropriate discipline.