Meetings & Agendas
Welcome Back to In-Person Meetings
Face masks are required to be worn by everyone present in the meeting location, regardless of vaccination status.
In addition to attending meetings in person, meetings of the Civil Service Commission, Cultural Affairs Commission, Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Commission, and Planning Commission may be viewed live online by clicking on the “In Progress” meeting or on the Culver City YouTube channel.
City Council and Planning Commission Meetings may also be attended via Webex, which requires pre-registration (see Register to Attend).
Meetings & Agendas
View Upcoming Public Meetings, Agendas, & Submit eComments.
Subscribe to City Council Agenda Notifications
Anyone requesting assistance with accessibility or technical issues related to city council meetings or the eComments system may contact the City Clerk’s Office at the numbers (or email) below. We are here to help, no matter the issue, and we will work to find a solution to accommodate your request.
Contact City Clerk for technical assistance or other general information.
Call: (310) 253-5851
FAX: (310) 253-5830
How to Provide Written Comments
Use the new eComment feature
Go to the Meetings and Agendas webpage and click on the eComments link to the far right of the meeting for which you have a comment. Then you can add your comment to the agenda item you choose. Watch a video tutorial on how to make an eComment.
Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail your comments to the attention of the City Clerk’s Office at 9770 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.
Deadline for submitting comments
- Written comments received 4 hours before the start of the meeting, will be compiled and provided to the members to ensure sufficient time for them to review. These comments will become part of the official record through a motion to receive and file correspondence. Written comments WILL NOT be read aloud during the City Council Meeting.
- Written comments received 4 hours before the start of the meeting will not be provided to members prior to the meeting. Any comments received after the deadline for submittal will be sent to the members the following business day and will not become part of the public record for that meeting.
Time Limits on Public Comment
- In the interest of allowing enough time to cover the business on the agenda, please be advised the Mayor has the discretion to determine how many minutes each speaker may address the City Council, up to three minutes, as well as how long public comment will be received for each agenda item.
- A speaker may cede one minute to one other speaker, only if the City Clerk’s Office has been provided notice in advance via email or phone.
- At the Mayor’s discretion, there may be an allotted maximum time limit for speakers per agenda item (i.e. one hour) to allow City Council adequate time for deliberation.
City Council and Planning Commission Meetings
How to Register to Speak or Virtually Attend
All Webex attendees must register to attend. Once registered, you will receive an email with directions and a link to join the meeting. Should you wish to attend virtually, make sure to follow the directions sent to your email address. When you join the Webex meeting you have a choice of how to receive the audio. The best way is to select the “call me” option and enter your phone number.
Watch the Webex registration tutorial.
Speak during a live meeting
There are two ways in which to speak on an agenda item during the meeting: Live or Via Webex
Those interesting in providing a public comments are strongly encouraged to register for the meeting. Please indicate how you will attend (in-person or virtually) and specify the agenda item(s) on which you wish to speak by indicating the section of the agenda followed by the number (for example A-1, PH-2, C-3.) Do not list the staff report number (21-02, for example). At the start of each agenda item, staff will read aloud the names of those who have registered in advance and requested to speak on an agenda item.
Note: The registration form is not for the purpose of making comments on an agenda item, and any such comments will not be considered received nor included as part of the public record for the meeting.
After the Start of the Meeting
Those attending in-person shall register in the Mike Balkman Council Chambers via a virtual speaker card or on a signup sheet. Those attending virtually shall send a "chat" to the host to request to speak.
Speakers will be called in chronological order, based on when they registered to speak. At the start of each agenda item, staff will read aloud the names of those who have registered and requested to speak on an agenda item. Requests to speak that are received after the start of the public comment period for that agenda item will not be considered until the end of the meeting.
No Internet? How to Call in to Speak
If you have no way to join via internet, you may join the meeting by calling on your phone. For this option, you will need to contact the City Clerk’s Office and provide your name, phone number and the Agenda Item about which you wish to speak so that we can find you and allow you to talk. This option does not allow for you to view the meeting. You may watch via cable or online but please remember to mute the tv or computer so that there is no echo when you speak.