How to attend a virtual public meeting.
Anyone requesting assistance with accessibility or technical issues related to city council meetings or the eComments system may contact the City Clerk’s Office at the numbers (or email) below. We are here to help, no matter the issue, and we will work to find a solution to accommodate your request.
Contact City Clerk for technical assistance or other general information.
Call: (310) 253-5851
FAX: (310) 253-5830 (fax)
How to comment on public meetings.
You have the option of giving your comments over the phone during the live meeting, or you can submit your written comments online both before and during the meeting.
Speak during a live meeting
If you wish to make a live public comment during a meeting you will need to join the meeting via the Webex video conference.
There are two ways in which to speak on an agenda item during the meeting:
- Advance Registration: When registering for the meeting you can identify the agenda item on which you wish to speak.
- Registration after the Start of the Meeting: You can indicate you wish to speak after the start of the meeting.
When you register you need to specify the agenda item(s) on which you wish to speak by indicating the section of the agenda followed by the number (for example A-1, PH-2, C-3.). Do not list the staff report number (21-02, for example). At the start of each agenda item, staff will read aloud the names of those who have registered in advance and requested to speak on an agenda item.
Note: The registration form is not for the purpose of making comments on an agenda item, and any such comments will not be considered received nor included as part of the public record for the meeting.
After the Start of the Meeting
If you registered after the start of the meeting, or determined that you wish to speak, you may send a request to speak via the CHAT function on that item only, by stating your name and the agenda item number. This may be done prior to the start of the public comment period for the agenda item on which you want to provide oral comments. Requests following the start of the public comment period for that agenda item will not be considered.
All Webex attendees must register to attend. Links to register can be found under How to attend a virtual public meeting above.
Watch a registration tutorial.
Once registered, you will receive an email with directions and a link to join the meeting, once it has begun. Make sure to follow the directions sent to your email address. When you join the webex meeting you have a choice of how to receive the audio. The best way is to select the “call me” option and enter your phone number.
No Internet? How to Call in to Speak
If you have no way to join via internet, you may join the meeting by calling on your phone. For this option, you will need to contact the City Clerk’s Office and provide your name, phone number and the Agenda Item about which you wish to speak so that we can find you and allow you to talk. This option does not allow for you to view the meeting. You may watch via cable or online but please remember to mute the tv or computer so that there is no echo when you speak.
Provide Written Comments
If you do not wish to speak on a specific agenda item during a meeting, which requires registration and connecting via Webex conference, you may participate by submitting a public comment via eComments.
These will be provided to City Council as part of the public record if received before 3pm.
Using the new eComment feature
Go to the Meetings and Agendas webpage and click on the eComments link to the far right of the meeting for which you have a comment. Then you can add your comment to the agenda item you choose. Watch a video tutorial how to make an eComment.
Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail your comments to the attention of the City Clerk’s Office at 9770 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.
Deadline for submitting comments
- Written comments received by 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting, will be compiled and provided to the members to ensure sufficient time for them to review. These comments will become part of the official record through a motion to receive and file correspondence. Written comments WILL NOT be read aloud during the City Council Meeting.
- Written comments received after 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting will not be provided to members prior to the meeting. Any comments received after the deadline for submittal will be sent to the members the following business day and will not become part of the public record for that meeting.
Time Limits on Public Comments
- In the interest of allowing enough time to cover the business on the agenda, please be advised the Mayor has the discretion to determine how many minutes each speaker may address the City Council, up to three minutes, as well as how long public comment will be received for each agenda item.
- A speaker may cede one minute to one other speaker, only if the City Clerk’s Office has been provided notice in advance via email or phone.
- At the Mayor’s discretion, there may be an allotted maximum time limit for speakers per agenda item (i.e. one hour) to allow City Council adequate time for deliberation.