The City’s goal is always to make the Plunge as safe as possible and provide a welcoming environment for the hundreds of patrons we serve each day.
During Phase 1, doors will open for limited Lap and Family Swim beginning July 13. All swimmers must pre-register for 45-minute blocks of time. Upon arrival Swimmers must line up outside the plunge on the marked spaces and maintain social distancing of six (6) feet at all times. A COVID-19 screening will take place prior to entry: involving a temperature check and symptom sign off. Swimmers are strongly encouraged to come dressed and ready for their swim. In order to minimize congregation in enclosed areas where social distancing cannot be maintained, lockers, locker rooms and indoor showers will be closed; however, restrooms and sinks will be available as well as newly installed outdoor showers. Reservations for Lap Swim will allow only one person per lane, per time block, with swimming in the center of the lane only. Family Lap Swim lane reservations may only take place in water that is 4. to 4.5 feet deep and will allow for up to four participants per lane; however, all swimmers must be from the same household. Any swimmer under 48 inches tall must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older, in a 1 to 1 ratio. All participants must remain in the center of the lane and/or wall for social distancing.
*Please note swimmers may only sign up for one time block per day.
Lap/Family Lap Swim Hours and Sessions
General Hours July 13 through August 3
8:00am - 10:00am
12:00pm - 2:00pm
4:00pm - 6:00pm
|Friday||8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Sunday||10:00am - 2:00pm
Individual Lap Swim/Family Lap Swim Sessions July 13 through August 3
|mONDAY-thursday TIMES||Friday TImes||sATURDAY AND sUNDAY TIMES|
|8:00am - 8:45am||8:00am - 8:45am||10:00am - 10:45am|
|9:00am - 9:45am||9:00am - 9:45am||11:00am - 11:45am|
|12:00pm - 12:45pm||10:00am - 10:45am||12:00pm - 12:45pm|
|1:00pm - 1:45pm||11:00am - 11:45am||1:00 - 1:45pm|
|4:00pm - 4:45pm||12:00pm - 12:45pm|
|5:00pm - 5:45pm||1:00pm - 1:45pm|
|2:00pm - 2:45pm|
|3:00pm - 3:45pm|
|4:00pm - 4:45pm|
|5:00pm - 5:45pm|
Lap Swim Fees
|Adults (Ages 18 to 49 )||$4.00|
|Youth (up to 17), Seniors (50 & Older) and Persons with Disabilities||$2.50|
Registration for lap swim will take place on the following dates. You will need to set up an account, type "Lap Swim" in the activity box and then choose your day/time. Registration is limited to only one swim session per day per participant. Register here.
|LAP SWIM DATES||open for Resident Registration||OPEN FOR non REsident registration|
|July 13 - July 26||July 1 @7:00a||July 8 @ 7:00am|
|July 27 - August 9||July 20 @ 7:00am||July 23 @ 7:00am|
|August 10 - August 30||August 3 @7:00am||August 6 @7:00am|
Lap Swim Procedures
- Check in will begin outside the plunge at 15 minutes to the hour.
- Participants will line up along either the North or South side of the building along the outside of the men's and women’s locker room in the designated spaces marked on the pavement .
- Staff will hand out gloves to all participants in line.
- Then staff will come back around scan the participant's temperature and the participant must record it check-in/fill out the Daily COVID-19 symptom check form.
- Participants will walk straight out to the deck through the lobby doors.
- Swimmers are to leave their belongings next to the cone in front of their assigned Space.
- All participants must shower at the newly installed outdoor showers before entering the pool.
- There will be a 5-minute warning (3 short whistle blasts) 5 minutes prior to the end of the swim session.
- Participants must leave immediately through the south west gate at the conclusion of their exercise session.
Lap Swim Guidelines
- Only pre-registered swimmers will be permitted to enter the facility.
- Spectators are not permitted.
- Social Distancing of six (6) feet is required throughout the facility: in the water and on the deck.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the building and while on deck.
- All belongings must be brought out and left by the assigned lane marker.
- Kickboards and pull buoys will not be available for use.
- Lap Swim: limited to 1 lap swimmer permitted per lane.
- Family Lap Swim. Limited to a maximum of 4 participants from the same household per lane.
- Swimmers must stay in the center of the lane at all times while swimming and resting on the wall.
- Items left on the deck after a swim session will be disposed of immediately following the swim session.
- Water fountains are available for filling water bottles only.
- Restrooms and sinks are disinfected between each swim session only.Wash your hands thoroughly after use.
- Prolonged breath holding is not permitted.
- Private instruction is not permitted
- Daily Screening for all staff and patrons entering the facility
- Face covering guidelines will be strictly enforced
- Social distancing of six (6) feet will be strictly enforced
- All patrons must enter through the sanitation and symptoms check station at the main entrance off of Veteran’s park.
- All patrons will exit the facility through the South west gate
- Frequent hand washing when not in the pool is encouraged
- There will be no sharing of equipment
- Between each lap swim/program block there is a 15 minute disinfection period where all high touch surfaces will be disinfected prior to the next group entering.
Culver City Municipal Plunge
4175 Overland Avenue, Culver City
Phone: (310) 253-6680
For additional aquatic information contact us by email