Announcement: The Skate Park closes for one full week when City staff must close the Skate Park three times within any 7-day period due to lack of safety gear compliance. See the California State Law for skateboard parks.
Skateboarding, in-line skating, roller skating and no-motorized scooters are high-risk recreation activities with inherent possibility of serious injury. The City of Culver City assumes no liability for injuries sustained in the use of this facility.
The Skate Park is unsupervised and participants skate at their own risk.
Children under 12 years old should be accompanied by an adult.
In case of an emergency dial 9-1-1. For all other matters, call the PRCS Department at (310) 253-6650.
Stay safe and follow the precautions below:
- Physical distancing of six (6) feet must be maintained at all times.
- Face coverings are required at all times.
- Skaters must bring their own skateboard, helmets, and pads.
- Participants should bring their own water bottles, hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to sanitize their hands frequently.
- Benches/bleachers are sanitized once per day and are not to be used for group gatherings. Use at your own risk.
- No spectators will be allowed.
- Restrooms will be sanitized two times a day. Use at your own risk.
- No competitions or unauthorized lessons will be allowed.
General Skate Park rules and regulations:
- The skate park is for skating only. “Skating” includes skateboarding, roller-skating, in-line skating and non-motorized scooters only. Bicycling, the use of motorized devices of any type and all other uses are prohibited.
- All persons utilizing the skate park facilities must wear a helmet, kneepads, and elbow pads.
- Public entry into the park is prohibited at all times that the skate park gates are locked.
- Skating is prohibited at all times that it is raining or when the skate area is wet or contains a large amount of debris. Do not use the facility if a hazardous condition exists.
- Spectators are not permitted in the skating area and shall remain outside of the skate park.
- No Graffiti, tagging, stickers or etching.
- No food, drink, glass or breakable objects are allowed in the skating area.
- Cleaning of the skating area using cleaning solvents or solutions is prohibited except City authorized staff.
- No drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, weapons or pets are allowed within the skate park.
- No portion of the skate park may be modified, altered or added to in any manner without written permission of the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Director or designee.
- No personally owned ramps, boxes or other devices may be brought into the facility.
- Skating is only permitted within the skate park and is prohibited in all other areas of Culver City Park, including its adjacent sidewalks, streets or parking lots.
- Competitive, demonstration, and rental events are prohibited unless written permission is obtained from the Parks, Recreation, and Community Services Director or designee.
- All parties are responsible for removing their personal property from the premises upon leaving the skate park.
PER CULVER CITY MUNICIPAL CODE SECTION 9.10.300.C, FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY RESULT IN A FINE, CITATION OR REMOVAL FROM THE PARK. The skate park is subject to closure in the event of unsafe conditions, inclement weather, special events, rentals, or repair and maintenance.
WARNING: SKATING IS A HAZARDOUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY- SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK.