PRCS DEPARTMENT CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSURES
Additional news and PRCS Department staff contact information may be found on the PRCS Department homepage. Email the PRCS Department or call us at 310-253-6650. Get the latest updates about the City of Culver City’s response to COVID-19.
Senior Center information desk staff is available via phone at 310-253-6700 between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm to answer any questions. Many of our partnership organizations such as WISE and Healthy Aging and the LA County Department of Mental Health will be available by phone should patrons need to contact them. If you have questions regarding specific programming and activities, please contact programming staff at 310-253-6715.
Notice of Changes to the Senior Nutrition Program
Per the directive of the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works, “older adults 65 and older must send a family member, friend or caregiver who is under the age of 65 to pick-up meals” at Congregate Meal sites. Due to this new guideline, the Culver City Senior Center has adapted its meal service for existing registered nutrition program patrons, who are over 65 years old:
- For registered Congregate Nutrition Meal patrons under the age of 65 and those who are 65+, who have a family member, friend, neighbor or caregiver under the age of 65 who can pick-up the meal, please use our drive-up service located in the Senior Center parking lot Mondays and Wednesdays between 10:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- For registered nutrition patrons ages 65+ who do not have anyone to pick up their meals, the City will deliver frozen meals on Mondays and Wednesdays between 11 AM and 2 PM.
- Existing Home Delivered Meal clients will continue to be served on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- All meals are frozen, with two meals provided on Mondays and three meals provided on Wednesdays.
- If you have a neighbor or family member who is a Culver City resident age 65+ and you concerned about their ability to get food, please send an email to Daniella Gutierrez.
- If you live outside of Culver City and are looking for resources regarding senior meals Here is a map with detailed plans for meal sites throughout LA County. You may also call 1-800-510-2020 for assistance.
The City’s social services partner, Special Services for Groups, will be available at the Senior Center to receive calls between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm and they can be reached via phone at 310-253-6717. Special Services for Groups social workers are here to provide you mental health services, care management, and address other social service needs.
Adult & Senior Services
Applications for the State Controller’s Property Tax Postponement Program are available now! To find out more, visit the State’s Property Tax Postponement Program website or call (800) 952-5661.