COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution FAQs
The best place to find the latest information about the COVID-19 vaccine is the Vaccinate LA County webpage.
Where can I get vaccinated?
You will eventually be able to get vaccinated at several types of locations. However, currently not all locations are offering the vaccine to all eligible groups. This is due to the lack of supply. Availability changes frequently, so check with each of these sources often for the latest information.
- LA County: LA County has a variety of vaccination sites, but availability is limited. Visit the Vaccinate LA County webpage for more information.
- LA City: The City of Los Angeles has vaccine appointments for LA County residents, including Culver City residents, who meet eligibility criteria. Visit the City of Los Angeles vaccination webpage for more information, book an appointment, or register for more information.
- Community Clinics and Hospitals Serving Community Members: Some community clinics and hospitals are offering the vaccine to members of the public who meet eligibility criteria. Visit the Vaccinate LA County webpage for more information.
- Pharmacies: Some pharmacies currently offering appointments are listed on the Vaccinate LA County webpage. You may also contact your local pharmacy to inquire about availability. Many pharmacies may not yet have vaccine available due to short supply. However, you can learn about the anticipated process and timeline and how to get updates from them once more information is available.
- Health Care Systems/Doctors Offices: Contact your health care system or doctor’s office to ask about availability. Many healthcare providers and doctor’s offices may not yet have vaccine available due to short supply. However, you can learn about the anticipated process and timeline and how to get updates from them once more information is available.
Who is currently eligible to receive the vaccine?
- Frontline healthcare workers
- Staff and residents at skilled nursing facilities
- Staff and residents at long-term care facilities
- Residents 65 and older from Phase 1B
More information is available at the Vaccinate LA County webpage.
When will additional groups be eligible for vaccination?
It is expected that additional groups will be eligible for vaccination in early February. More information is available at the Vaccinate LA County webpage.
Why is it so hard to get an appointment for vaccination?
The vaccine is currently in short supply. There is not enough vaccine available for all of those eligible to receive it. Recently, national, state, and county authorities expanded vaccine eligibility to everyone over the age of 65, but no additional vaccine was made available. This increased vaccine demand without increasing vaccine supply. Therefore, everyone will have to remain patient until more vaccine is available at the national, state, and local level, which is expected to occur over the coming months.
What is the City doing to help vaccinate Culver City residents?
The City does not have any vaccine. The City has been and will continue to seek opportunities from the County and State to administer the vaccine and host a vaccination site. However, the County and State have not yet approved our requests to assist. In the meantime, the City is working to ensure that everyone in Culver City has the latest and most accurate information about when and how they can be vaccinated.
Why isn’t Culver City hosting a large vaccination site?
The City has been reaching out to county and state officials for months with an offer to host a vaccination site in Culver City. However, county and state authorities are currently focused on setting up larger vaccination sites. We hope to be able to host an LA County Department of Public Health vaccination site here in Culver City sometime in the coming months.