For real time information on testing sites and availability, please visit the LA County COVID-19 testing information website.
Please be sure to get tested if:
- You are having symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you think you were exposed because you were working, especially in essential services, in a place where you are frequently exposed to other people who may not be taking precautions.
- If you share living spaces with other people who may be positive for COVID-19.
- If you have been in a crowd or gathering where people were close together and not wearing face coverings and/or keeping their distance.
If you think you need a test, the County encourages you to call your doctor first. Testing is best done by a healthcare provider, so that they can monitor your care. If you do not have a doctor or are unable to contact them, dial 2-1-1 for a referral to a provider. Other private COVID-19 testing may be available. Find a community testing site near you with the California for ALL Testing Tool.
Visit the COVID-19 testing website for more information and to sign up for a free test. Note: testing availability is subject to change and testing is by appointment only.
Please note: a COVID-19 test will not protect you and others around you from the virus. Even if you receive a negative result, you should practice physical distancing, wear a face covering, and wash your hands frequently. A negative COVID-19 test does not guarantee that you do not have the virus. With widespread community transmission, there is a daily risk of being infected with COVID-19.
Learn more about COVID-19 testing in LA County.